Recipe by gailanng
Oh, the waste of expired hoisin that I've thrown away! A small-batch recipe that's easy to whip up. This does NOT taste exactly like store bought, but can get you through a recipe with darn good results. Sriracha Asian Sweet Hot Sauce works best.
- 59.16 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml black bean paste (can sub peanut butter)
- 14.79 ml honey or 14.79 ml molasses or 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 9.85 ml white vinegar
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml onion powder
- 9.85 ml sesame oil
- 1.3 ml chinese hot sauce (or habenero or jalapenos)
- 0.59 ml black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a Mason jar and shake until it emulsifies.
- Note 1: May need to increase peanut butter/black bean paste to taste. Use no more than 2 tablespoons, but please, start with one tablespoon.
- Note 2: Can sub 1 toe fresh garlic for powdered. Work with mortar and pestle the fresh garlic and jalapeno until it forms a paste.