Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here is a very easy but delicious and healthy salmon recipe. Makes a great mid week meal when you want no fuss and something on the table in 30 minutes.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1 cup hoisin sauce (I use Blue Dragon brand please note, that some brands can be very thick and overpowering so adjust)
- 4 -5 green onions, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 large carrot, sliced into strips
- 100 g snow peas
- 150 g bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules, concentrated (powder, cube, paste)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- I like to be able to eat the garlic once fish is cooked. As fish cooking time is short it does not cook. So I lightly fry sliced garlic on both sides to take the bite out of it. I then place it on fish fillets, I allow one garlic clove for each fillet. If you don't want to eat the garlic and just use for flavour, place sliced garlic directly onto fillets but discard once fish is cooked.
- Add ginger to fillets about a 1/4 teaspoon each fillet. Pour hoisin sauce over and sprinkle with chopped onions. Place the sprigs of parsley on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes (depending on thickness of fillet, mine were quite thick, but if they are thin it could be as quick as 10 minutes) cook until fish flakes easily. Discard parsley sprigs.
- For the stir fry.
- Heat some olive oil in a large fry pan or wok. Add onion and cook until onion softens.
- Add the carrot, pepper, soy sauce, sherry, water, chicken stock and sugar, stir fry 2-3 minutes. Add snow peas and sprouts and stir fry until vegetables are just tender.
- To serve place fillet on plate drizzle with hoisin sauce from pan and serve with stir fry veg on the side.
- The great thing with a stir fry is you can use just about any vegetables you have in your fridge. I have listed the above veg but you can use whatever you want, this just happened to be what I had and wanted to use up.