Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A flavorful way to fix one of our favorite veggies!
Top Review by HeidiSue
Mmmmm... these were delicious and couldn't have been easier!! I think I cooked mine for 30 minutes, which was to our preference. Next time I'll add some crushed red pepper to give it some heat. Thanks for posting... will definitely make again!!
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 orange, juice of
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, stem ends removed
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, lightly toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Stir hoisin sauce, orange juice, soy sauce and olive oil together in a large bowl. Add green beans, toss to coat, and season with salt and pepper. (Hoisin sauce is very salty, so be careful not to over-salt the green beans.).
- Spread beans in an even layer on a baking sheet with sides and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until they are soft and slightly shriveled.
- Sprinkle beans with chives and toss gently. Transfer to a serving dish, drizzle with pan juices, and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.