Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple little stir-fry with lots of flavor, low fat, and a nice crunch! makes a great brunch food.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 lb pork loin (or chicken)
- 2 cups button mushrooms or 2 cups shiitake mushrooms or 2 cups portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 16 romaine lettuce leaves
- Heat oil in large wok or skillet.
- Cook pork over medium-high heat until pork is opaque.
- Add mushrooms and cook until they begin to turn golden.
- Add garlic, ginger, red pepper, water chestnuts, green onions, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add hoisin and toss to coat.
- Transfer to platter and serve with lettuce leaves.
- To eat, simply fill leaves with pork mixture, and enjoy!
This is absolutely delicious. It deserves more than 5 stars. It was easy to make. The directions were easy to follow The flavors blended together really well. I had it with Recipe #255022. I can't eat lettuce very well, so I didn't put it on lettuce leaves. The leftovers were really good too. That is a factor in my rating a recipe. I don't like putting money into making something and not be able to use the leftovers. I will definitely be making this again I am always looking for recipes for pork. Thank you for sharing your recipe Lazarus It was fun adopting you for PAC Spring '08.