Recipe by Charmie777
This is from Bobby Flay's Boy Meets Grill! You can make it with or without the relish, but it is delish! Time includes marinating.
Top Review by Cooking Jane doe
I made the marinade and discovered I was out of pork chops. Substituted Chicken breast (boneless/skinless) and they were so good. I served this with the pineapple relish and brown rice. My husband mixed the rice and relish and thought it was fantastic. I think I will stick with chicken as opposed to pork chops it was just so good!
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 16 thin pork chops (or 8 regular)
Pineapple-Green Onion Relish
- 6 green onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus a little for brushing)
- 1 medium pineapple, peeled and diced (or canned)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine hoisin, vinegar, soy, garlic and sesame oil.
- Place the chops in a shallow pan and pour the marinade over them. Refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Preheat grill hot.
- Brush the green onions with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill until almost cooked through, 4-5 minutes, and finely slice.
- Place in a bowl and add the rest of the relish ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Remove the chops from the marinade, shaking off the excess and discard the marinade.
- Season chops with salt and pepper and grill until medium well.
- Arrange on a large serving platter and serve with relish alongside.