Recipe by dicentra
Top Review by Tim964
Great recipe, although I did make a few changes. We had a ton of fresh grean beans at home, so I used beans instead of snow peas. Also, I added some sambal olek (garlic chili paste) to spice it up. Served it over brown rice. Will absolutely make this again.
- 4 ounces uncooked rice noodles or 4 ounces rice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 (1 lb) pork tenderloin, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 3 cups snow peas, trimmed (about 1/2 pound)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon bottled ground fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
- Combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce and pork, tossing to coat. Set aside.
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, broth, hoisin, cornstarch, and honey in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork mixture to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until browned. Remove pork from pan.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil to pan. Stir in peas, bell pepper, ginger, and garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Return pork mixture to pan; stir in broth mixture.
- Simmer 2 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and stir in green onions. Serve pork mixture over the noodles.