Recipe by FLKeysJen
This looks super good - from Williams-Sonoma, this sauce can be used to dip spring rolls, dumplings and other Asian appetizers.
Top Review by Dotty2
Very deserving of 5 stars. So simple to put together with great flavor. I did not have the chili paste so replaced it with sweet chili sauce. Will definitely make this again to be served with Appetizers. Thanks for posting this great recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili paste or 1 teaspoon hot bean paste
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm the oil. When it is hot, add the garlic and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 30 seconds.
- Add the hoisin sauce, fish sauce, sugar and chili paste, stir well and simmer for 15 seconds. Stir in the chicken broth; the mixture should have a thick, creamy consistency. Add the peanuts.
- Let cool and serve!