Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Chinese favorites booklet from the grocery store. Original called for making lettuce wraps. I would prefer serving over lettuce or in tortillas. Haven't made yet - posted for Chinese New Year tag.
- 59.14 ml hoisin sauce
- 2.46 ml orange peel, freshly grated
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 473.18 ml shredded coleslaw mix or 473.18 ml shredded cabbage
- 473.18 ml cooked chicken, diced (about 1/2 pound)
- black pepper
- 8 boston lettuce leaves
- Combine hoisin, orange peel and juice in bowl. Mix in coleslaw mix or cabbage, chicken and black pepper.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on plates or platter and arrange the chicken salad over the lettuce.
This recipe is great and so easy. I tried other recipes of this type that had many steps and this one was so easy and definitely a keeper for my family. Thanks so much!
Quick and easy recipe! Loved the combination of flavors in here, it has a mild sweet orange taste in it and the way it's served is aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. Thanks once again for a wonderful recipe, carolinajewel :)