An Asian-inspired dish from Weight Watchers - great for quick stir-fry dinners (7 points per 2 cup serving). Makes enough for leftovers.
- 5 cups small broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 lb soba noodles (or vermicelli)
- 1 flank steak, trimmed (1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons asian chili-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook until crisp-tender, 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate. Return the water to a boil and cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut the steak in half lengthwise. Cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices. Mix the hoisin sauce, lime juice, chili-garlic paste, and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth.
- Spray a large non-stick skillet (or wok) with nonstick spray and set over a medium-high heat. Add one-third of the beef and cook, stirring constantly, just until browned, 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining beef.
- Add the bell pepper and onion to the skillet. Reduce the heat and cook, stirring constantly, until crisp-tender, 5 minutes. Add the ginger and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the hoisin sauce mixture and cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce simmers, 1 minute. Add the beef and broccoli, cook, stirring frequently until heated through, 2 minutes.
- Drain the noodles. Rinse under cold water until cool and drain. Transfer 1 1/2 cups of the beef mixture and 2 cups of the noodles into separate containers and let cool. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days for later use. Add the remaining 2 cups of noodles to the skillet and cook until heated through, 1 minute.
I made this recipe with the addition of asparagus in my wok and served it over rice. The flavors were strong and wonderful! DH put hot pepper flakes on his serving but he does that to everything. Will be making this one again. Thanks.
We really enjoyed this dish...hubby was impressed with the amount he got for the point value...this is easy to prepare...I used the soft packaged soba noodles so I zapped them in the microwave and just steamed my broccoli...saved a lot of time...I made half a recipe because I'm using the other half of the flank steak for another dish...but I could see how this would make great leftovers...thanks for posing it...=)