1/1 Photo of Hoisin Noodles With Beef and Broccoli
Nancy's Pantry's Note:
An Asian-inspired dish from Weight Watchers - great for quick stir-fry dinners (7 points per 2 cup serving). Makes enough for leftovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 lb soba noodles (or vermicelli)
- 1 flank steak, trimmed (1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons asian chili-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook until crisp-tender, 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate. Return the water to a boil and cook the noodles according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, cut the steak in half lengthwise. Cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices. Mix the hoisin sauce, lime juice, chili-garlic paste, and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth.
- 3Spray a large non-stick skillet (or wok) with nonstick spray and set over a medium-high heat. Add one-third of the beef and cook, stirring constantly, just until browned, 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining beef.
- 4Add the bell pepper and onion to the skillet. Reduce the heat and cook, stirring constantly, until crisp-tender, 5 minutes. Add the ginger and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the hoisin sauce mixture and cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce simmers, 1 minute. Add the beef and broccoli, cook, stirring frequently until heated through, 2 minutes.
- 5Drain the noodles. Rinse under cold water until cool and drain. Transfer 1 1/2 cups of the beef mixture and 2 cups of the noodles into separate containers and let cool. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days for later use. Add the remaining 2 cups of noodles to the skillet and cook until heated through, 1 minute.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hoisin Noodles With Beef and Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.0
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 34.7 mg
- Sodium 699.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 22.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: