Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Racheal Rays 30 Minute Meals.
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 4 limes, juice of, divided
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced, divided
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 lbs mixed fresh mushrooms, shiitake, oyster, crimini
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped into 2-inch lengths
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup pea pods, thinly sliced
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, grated
- gingerroot, grated
- 1 (10 ounce) packageshelled frozen edamame
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce, available on Asian foods aisle of market
- 1 -2 tablespoon Asian chili sauce or 1 -2 tablespoon hot sauce, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro leaf
- mint leaf, finely chopped
- Heat a large pot of water for pasta and salt it. Add spaghetti and cook to al dente. Heads up: you will need to reserve 1/2 cup starchy liquid before draining.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine the juice of 2 limes with rice wine vinegar, honey and sesame oil. Add cucumber and 1/4 red onion to dressing, season with salt, toss in dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds, reserve.
- Coarsely chop mushrooms and place in a bowl. Coat the mushrooms in teriyaki sauce and combine with scallions, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and grill seasoning. Arrange on nonstick baking sheet and cook 20 minutes turning once.
- Heat a large skillet with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over high heat. Add peppers, remaining red onion, pea pods, garlic and ginger and stir fry 2 minutes. Add the edamame and heat through, 2 to 3 minutes more. Add hoisin, the juice of 2 limes, hot sauce and some starchy pasta liquid to form a sauce. Add drained spaghetti and toss to coat. Turn off heat and toss in cilantro and mint. Serve noodles in bowls, mushrooms and cucumber salad as side dishes.