Recipe by abloom69
From Ming Tsai's Blue Ginger Cookbook. Includes marinating time
Top Review by DeeVaFoodie
This marinade is pretty good. I found it a bit on the heavy/salty side but DH loved it so therefore it gets 4 stars from us. I would make this again, thanks for sharing abloom69! Sorry I didn't get a photo, we dug into dinner before I thought of it. Made for Bargain Basement tag game.
- 473.18 ml hoisin sauce
- 59.16 ml sambal oelek
- 2 bunch scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 236.59 ml dry red wine
- 118.29 ml gingerroot, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml garlic, finely chopped
- 9.85 ml pepper, freshly ground
- 4 chicken breasts, with drumettes
- 4 chicken pieces, leg and thigh
Directions See How It's Made
- In non-reactive dish large enough to hold chicken, combine hoisin, sambal oelek, scallions, wine, ginger, garlic, and pepper and mix.
- Add chicken and turn to coat, cover, marinate, refrigerated, at least 4 hours and preferably overnight.
- Heat outdoor grill or broiler.
- Spray the grill with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt to taste and grill or broil , turning once, until brown and the juices run clear when pricked with a fork at the joint, 12 - 15 minutes.