1/1 Photo of Hoisin-Honey Wings
Swati Banerjee's Note:
I found this recipe from the "easy Chinese recipes" section of About.com and modified it slightly to my taste. It is easy, not too time consuming and very few ingredients are needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 chicken wings
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce (substitute with barbeque sauce if not available)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (one or two pinches)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3 -4 scallions, minced
- 1Mix mix the hoisin sauce, honey, soy/Chinese teriyaki sauce, salt, black pepper, ginger, garlic and scallion together. Marinate the chicken wings in this mixture for 15 minutes.
- 2Heat oven to 350°F Put the chicken wings onto skewers, two per skewer, and put on a baking tray or cookie sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes, basting occasionally with the marinade.
- 3Change oven setting to "broil" and broil for 5-8 minutes, changing sides and basting occasionally to prevent the chicken from burning.
- 4Take out from the oven; remove from the skewers and serve.
- 5Tip: Skewers aren't necessary, I just use skewers because basting is easier and there's lesser chances of the chicken skin getting stuck to the tin foil on the baking tray or cookie sheet.
- 6Suggestion: I put in a tiny bit of extra-hot pepper paste when I make this for my boyfriend because he likes doesn't like anything too sweet. In case you don't have that, just increase the black pepper or use cayenne pepper instead.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hoisin-Honey Wings
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.1
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 75.7 mg
- Sodium 1134.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 20.0 g