Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a family favorite. I got the basic recipe from a 30 minute cook book but have tweeked it up a bit. I have listed Sirloin but ribeye or new york strip, or even lamb works fine.
- Cut steak across the grain in bite sized strips. Place in a large bowl and stir in the Honey, Hoisin, Garlic, and Ginger and let it rest.
- Chop pepper into 1 inch chunks and cut green onions into one inch lengths.
- In a medium pan bring broth up to a boil. Salt to taste. Add couscous and carrots. Mix quickly and close tightly and turn off the heat.
- Heat oil in a wok or wide nonstick skillet on high heat. Add sweet pepper and stir fry for one minute then add the green onions for one minute more. Take off heat and remove with a slotted spoon.
- Put wok back on high heat. When hot add the steak mixture and stir fry to desired doneness. I like mine medium. Add the onions and peppers, warm through and coat with honey hoisin mixture.
- Put couscous in bowls and spoon meat mixture over couscous.
- Top with chopped cilantro.