1/1 Photo of Hoisin-Glazed Tempeh With Green Beans and Cashews
This recipe is from Vegetarian Times (March 2010). I wanted to post it here because it's really good! My college makes a great version for us veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce or 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (4 tsp.)
- 1 (8 ounce) package tempeh, cut into half-inch cubes
- 1 (12 ounce) package green beans, frozen
- 1/3 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 1Whisk together hoisin sauce, 2 teaspoons rice vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch, and 1/2 cup water in small bowl. Set aside.
- 2Heat skillet or wok over medium heat. Add oil, then ginger and garlic.
- 3Stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes, or until garlic turns pale gold.
- 4Add tempeh and hoisin sauce mixture to pan. Stir to coat tempeh. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 2 minutes, or until sauce begins to thicken.
- 5Stir in green beans. Cover, and simmer 4 to 5 minutes, or until beans are hot, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar.
- 6Serve topped with cashews.
Browse Our Top Tempeh Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hoisin-Glazed Tempeh With Green Beans and Cashews
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.7
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 231.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: