Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
A quick and easy shrimp recipe. Great flavor, from the Everythinkg Cooking for Two Cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- In a heavy saute pan or wok, heat oil on medium-high until barely smoking. Add shrimp and ginger and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and lemon juice, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the hoisin, and saute for 1 more minute or until the shrimp are well coated and fully cooked. Serve hot over rice.
So easy and fast! I left out the lemon juice, added garlic and doubled the soy sauce and hoisin sauce to make more sauce to serve with rice.
Quick and easy just about sums it up! I couldn't believe how fast this went together. It was very tasty, although I thought the lemon juice didn't quite belong. I think some added heat would be great. I like the idea of adding some sambal oelek or maybe some Sriracha. Thanks for sharing this great timesaving recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
Simple. Delicious! Fast. I'll make this again, I'll bet.