Recipe by Kelly M.
This recipe comes from "Let the Flames Begin". It calls for thin chops, but I used regular cut, and I also used my grill pan, not my outdoor grill. Very good!
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 minced jalapenos (or other chile peppers of your choice)
- 3 tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion, both white and green parts
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 8 thin pork loin chops
Directions See How It's Made
- For the glaze whisk together the hoisin and lime juice and set aside.
- Combine all the power pack ingredients (peanuts through scallions), plus salt and pepper, mixing well with a fork or your hands and set aside.
- Preheat grill or grill pan.
- Sprinkle chops generously with salt and pepper and place on hot grill for about 3-4 minutes per side (you do not want to overcook them) and brush with glaze the last 30 seconds of grilling.
- When chops are done (they should be just slightly pink in the center), remove from grill and arrange on platter.
- Sprinkle the power pack over the chops and serve, passing the remaining glaze on the side.