This recipe is from the National Hot Dog & Sausage Council. Hoisin is a type of chinese bbq sauce that has a very molasses type flavor. You will not like this if you do not like molasses. Also do not use normal bbq sauce for the hoisin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat hoisin, honey, gingerroot and garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Allow sauce to simmer for 2-3 minutes then remove from heat.
- 3Reserve ¼ cup of sauce.
- 4Lightly score diagonal cuts across the hot dogs.
- 5Liberally brush hot dogs with sauce.
- 6Preheat a gas or charcoal grill for the direct grilling method, using medium heat.
- 7Place hot dogs on grill rack, about 4 to 5 inches from the heat. Cook hot dogs over direct medium heat to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, basting often with the sauce.
- 8During last 3 to 4 minutes, open hot dog buns and lightly toast them over indirect heat.
- 9Brush buns with reserved hoisin sauce.
- 10Place hot dogs into heated buns.
- 11Sprinkle chopped green onions atop hot dogs.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hoisin Glazed Hot Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.0
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.6 mg
- Sodium 1957.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 19.6 g