Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very nice flavor and quick to make! Original recipe comes from a magazine. I leave off the cilantro.
- 1 tablespoon oriental sesame oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into 2-inch-long strips
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bunches green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce or 2 cups iceberg lettuce
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic and saute 2 minutes. Add green onions and saute until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Stir in 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce. Remove from heat.
- Wrap tortillas in paper towels and heat in microwave on high 1 minute. (Or heat each tortilla in dry skillet over medium heat 1 minute per side.).
- Brush each warm tortilla lightly with some of remaining hoisin sauce. Sprinkle lettuce and cilantro over hoisin. Spoon chicken mixture in center of tortillas, dividing equally. Roll up and serve.
These were just yummy, reminded me a little of a chinese dish you get over here called peking duck only the hoisin sauce is poured over the meat when making up the wrap.