1/2 Photos of Hoisin-Glazed Chicken With Cabbage Slaw
With less than 10 minutes to cook, this is a great time-saving recipe. From Real Simple Magazine February 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken cutlets
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (optional)
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 scallions, halved and cut into 4-inch strips
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1Heat broiler on high. Rinse the cutlets and pat dry with paper towls. Pound the cutlets to an even thinness. Place on a broiler pan.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, 1 t. of the rice vinegar, and the fish sauce (if using).
- 3Transfer 2 T. of the glaze to a large bowl and stir in the remaining rice vinegar. Add the cabbage, peppers, scallions, and cilantro and toss. Cover and refrigerate.
- 4Pour about 1 T. of the remaining glaze into a small bowl; set aside as a finishing sauce. Brush the chicken with the glaze that remains. Broil, brushing occasionally, until cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes. Spoon the reserved glaze over the top. Serve with the slaw.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hoisin-Glazed Chicken With Cabbage Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.6
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 507.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless skinless chicken cutlets