With less than 10 minutes to cook, this is a great time-saving recipe. From Real Simple Magazine February 2006.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken cutlets
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (optional)
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 scallions, halved and cut into 4-inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat broiler on high. Rinse the cutlets and pat dry with paper towls. Pound the cutlets to an even thinness. Place on a broiler pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, 1 t. of the rice vinegar, and the fish sauce (if using).
- Transfer 2 T. of the glaze to a large bowl and stir in the remaining rice vinegar. Add the cabbage, peppers, scallions, and cilantro and toss. Cover and refrigerate.
- Pour about 1 T. of the remaining glaze into a small bowl; set aside as a finishing sauce. Brush the chicken with the glaze that remains. Broil, brushing occasionally, until cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes. Spoon the reserved glaze over the top. Serve with the slaw.