Vino Girl's Note:
From Real Simple, February 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken cutlets
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (optional)
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 scallions, halved and cut into 4-inch strips
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1Heat broiler on high.
- 2Rinse and dry chicken. Pound the cutlets to an even thinness. Place on a broiler pan.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of the rice vinegar, and the fish sauce.
- 4Transfer 2 tablespoons of the glaze to a large bowl and stir in the remaining rice vinegar. Add the cabbage, peppers, scallions, and cilantro and toss. Cover and refrigerate.
- 5Pour about 1 tablespoon of the remaining glaze into a small bowl; set aside.
- 6Brush the chicken with the remaining glaze.
- 7Broil, brushing occasionally, until cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes.
- 8Spoon the reserved glaze over the top.
- 9Serve with the slaw.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hoisin-Glazed Chicken With Cabbage Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.6
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 507.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless skinless chicken cutlets