Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Real Simple, February 2006.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken cutlets
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (optional)
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 scallions, halved and cut into 4-inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat broiler on high.
- Rinse and dry chicken. Pound the cutlets to an even thinness. Place on a broiler pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of the rice vinegar, and the fish sauce.
- Transfer 2 tablespoons of the glaze to a large bowl and stir in the remaining rice vinegar. Add the cabbage, peppers, scallions, and cilantro and toss. Cover and refrigerate.
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of the remaining glaze into a small bowl; set aside.
- Brush the chicken with the remaining glaze.
- Broil, brushing occasionally, until cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Spoon the reserved glaze over the top.
- Serve with the slaw.