- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce or 1⁄2 cup char siu sauce
- 3 tablespoons chinese rice wine or 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 lbs boneless pork butt
- hoisin sauce or char siu sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the pork into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl or zip lock bag. Add the pork and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Arrange the pork in a single layer on a rack over a large foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn the slices over and baste with the hoisin sauce. Continue baking until tender, 20 to 30 minutes, brushing occasionally with the hoisin sauce.