Recipe by Frenzy
A green leafy alternative to healthy eating with a combination of the traditional Chinese sweet sauce. So saucy yet healthy.
Top Review by boutry_cecilia
I often make this dish with whatever green veggie I have on hand (regular cabbage, kale, zucchini...) and omit the tofu. The sauce is delicious and the dish always turns out well. Excellent, quick and versatile side dish!
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 400 g bokchoy cabbage, chopped
- 200 g straw mushrooms, sliced
- 150 g firm tofu, diced
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- - In a cup, combine the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, water, sesame oil and flour
- - In a wok, heat oil and fry the garlic and ginger
- - Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 2 minutes
- - Add the bokchoy and the mixture and simmer for 3 minutes.
- - Add the tofu and simmer again for another 1 minute.