Recipe by Greeny4444
This combination of sweet and salty is awesome on salmon, which is baked in the oven. Serve it with some veggies and quinoa for a healthy dinner. Adapted from Food and Wine magazine.
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, skinless
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Position a rack in the upper third of the oven. In a small bowl, combine the hoisin, soy sauce, wine, honey and garlic.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray it lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
- Place the salmon fillets on the baking sheet, and spoon the sauce over the fillets, trying to keep as much on each fillet as possible.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fillets, until just cooked through.
- *Note: If you want extra sauce for after the fish is done baking (because the sauce in the oven sort of caramelizes), then I recommend doubling the sauce and reserving half of it for pouring over the fish after it is done baking. Just be sure NOT to touch any utensils that touched the raw fish into the reserved sauce.