Recipe by cookin_nurse
If you have never tried anything with hoisin sauce in it, you are missing out! It is a true asian delight! I highly recommend using homemade hoisin sauce! Found at www.thefrugalchef.com
- 9 -10 lbs bone in ham
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Score the ham by using a sharp knife and inserting it about 1/3rd inch into the fat. Make some diamond.
- shapes. This will make the skin crispy. Place the ham in a roasting pan.
- Place the Hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce and mustard in a small, heavy pan. Bring to a soft boil, stirring constantly. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Generously glaze the ham with the sauce, making sure you fill in the diamond crevices. Place the ham in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Re-glaze the ham and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Re-glaze and cover the ham loosely with some foil. Bake for another hour and remove from oven.
- Allow the ham to sit for a few minutes. Carve and serve.