Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I use this for basil rolls, or vietnamese spring rolls. It is also good as a sauce for stir-frying. Sooo good you might want to double it if you have more than 3 people eating. I don't remember where I got this from. I usually leave the peanuts off, but they are good.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil or 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, I use Tamari
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more)
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
- Saute garlic in oil til fragrent. Do not burn! If you burn it, start over.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except peanuts.
- Bring to a slight simmer, then remove from heat.
- Let cool and divide among individual bowls if desired. Sprinkle with peanuts.