Recipe by Sonya01
more chicken prep time includes refigeration time of 30 mins You can replace the hoisin sauce with plum sauce, kecap manis or sweet chilli sauce. Leftover chicken strips are delicious on bread rolls with lettuce and carrot, or rolled up with coleslaw in mountain bread.
Top Review by I'mPat
I made this tonight with the sweet chilli option and served with our recipe #175979 over rice and steamed vegetables, I did use regular store bought dried breadcrumbs and it worked well. DH wants to try the plum sauce option and I would like to do the Hoi Sin one. Thank you Sonya01 (will give updates as we try the other options) - great recipe. Made for Edition 5 - Make My Recipe - a game of tag.
- 4 chicken breast fillets, trimmed (150g each)
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 4 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- olive oil, for cooking
- frozen shoestring French fries, cooked and
- steamed green beans, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken crossways into 1cm-thick strips. Place flour on a plate. Lightly beat eggs and 1/2 cup hoisin sauce together in a shallow dish. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
- Coat chicken strips, 1 at a time in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture, allowing excess to drain. Coat in breadcrumbs. Place, in a single layer, on a tray. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C Pour oil into a large, non-stick frying pan until 1cm deep. Heat over medium heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Place on a wire rack over a baking tray. Keep warm in the oven while cooking remaining chicken.
- Serve with fries, beans and remaining hoisin sauce, for dipping.