1 hr 5 mins
An tasty and easy intercultural recipe courtesy of our local supermarket's (Hannaford) monthly cooking magazine. I think I might add a pinch of cayenne next time: a little hot would contrast nicely with the sweet of both the hoisin and the squash.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless and trimmed of fat
- 1 1/4 cups hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 bunch scallion, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1Cut the chicken thighs into 1-1/2" pieces and place in a large pot. Add hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and toasted sesame oil. Toss to coat.
- 2Cut scallions, both whites and greens, into 1" lengths. Set aside ½ cup of the greens and reserve. There should be about 1-1/2 cups whites and greens remaining. Add these and the squash to the chicken and mix well.
- 3Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 45-50 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken and squash are tender.
- 4Add reserved scallion greens, toss lightly, and serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hoisin Chicken Thighs With Winter Squash
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.0
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 32.0 mg
- Sodium 1480.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 12.1 g