Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Recipe+ magazine. Assume you would prepare vegetable and chicken while crepe mix is resting for 15 minutes before cooking.
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- salt (pinch of)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted for brushing)
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken (shredded, no skin or bone)
- 1 lebanese cucumber (cut into matchsticks)
- 6 green onions (scallions, cut into 6cm lengths)
- To make crepes - sift flour and pinch of salt into a medium bowl, making a well in the centre.
- Whisk milk and eggs in a medium jug and add to the flour, mixing to combine and then cover with plastic food wrap and rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat a medium (15cm base measurement) frying pan over a moderate heat and brush with melted butter.
- Add 2 tablespoons of batter to pan, tilting to make a thin crepe.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until set underneath and then turn and cook for 1 minute more or until cooked.
- Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Repeat process, reheating and brushing pan with butter between crepes till all batter used.
- To serve - spread crepes with sauce, then top with chicken, cucumber and onion and roll to enclose the filling.
- Serve at once.
I choose to make this recipe because I really like Hoisin sauce. I made two batches of crepes, one with real egg and the other with 'egg like' for me (I don't eat eggs). Little Miss (DD) loves pancakes & crepes and because I had two batches she asked for some in her lunch box. Little Miss and I really enjoyed this recipe but hubby didn't like the idea on a savoury filling in a usually sweet dish. I added green chillis for a extra kick but Little Miss and Hubby had the written recipe. Thanks Pat for posting the recipe, will be making this again for a light dinner especially during summer.