1/3 Photos of Hoisin Chicken Balls
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is one of my sister's favourites, made this as one of the dishes for my sisters birthday the other night, she absolutely loves these. This is a great party food, or a Sunday snack food when your chilling out watching your team play. It is also a good recipe, as this can be made ahead of time and just reheated in the microwave before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg ground chicken
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (I use Japanese panko flakes, since finding these a couple of years ago I have never gone back, I thi)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 80 ml hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coriander, finely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Combine chicken, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, hoisin and soy sauces, ginger, sesame oil, five spice and egg in a bowl. Shape into balls, by rolling mixture between your hands.
- 3Heat the oil in a large frying pan, cook chicken balls in batches, until browned all over (shake pan from time to time, to keep the round shape.).
- 4Transfer chicken balls to an oven proof dish, bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through, serve with dipping sauce.
- 5Dipping sauce.
- 6Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and pour into a serving bowl.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hoisin Chicken Balls
Serving Size: 1 (1494 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.1
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 34.9 mg
- Sodium 155.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce
white wine vinegar