Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Per 1 cup serving: 246 calories, 6 g fat, 28.7 g protein, 17.3 g carb,d 4.6 g fiber, 66 mg cholesterol
Top Review by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
This was very tasty, fun and easy to whip up in the wok! I added some extra veggies: fresh sliced mushrooms, sweet bell pepper slices, green beans, matchstick carrots, onions. I omitted the broccoli because the family is not crazy about it. I cubed the chicken and needed a bit more oil (2T) in all. I heated the oil, added the garlic & ginger for 30 seconds, then added the chicken until no longer pink. Pulled the chicken out & set aside, then quickly sauteed the veggies (about 2 minutes). Added the sauce (great flavor) , chicken and warmed through. I served over rice. I did not find the flavor lacking at all. Perhaps sauteeing the garlic/ginger with the chicken helped with that. Thanks for another great recipe RBS, you never fail me! WW= 6 Power Points for 6 servings not 4 servings if made as written as recipe suggests. Add points for rice.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup fat free chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil to a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat; let oil get hot.
- In a bowl, mix together the broth and next 7 ingredients; set aside.
- Add chicken to skillet; stir/saute 2 minutes.
- Add in broccoli; stir/saute 5 minutes.
- Add in water chestnuts; stir/saute 2 minutes.
- Add in broth mixture; cook 1 1/2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thick, stirring constantly; season to taste w/ salt and pepper.