Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Here at our local warehouse store they sell chicken breast halves in a large bag. I can take out however many I need and fix this recipe without even having to thaw them out. It is a terrific time saver. If you have fresh chicken, just start at the point where you spread hoisin mixture on chicken and enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (right from freezer, no need to thaw)
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon, rind of, minced
- Mix hoisin sauce and jam.
- Place chicken in a single layer in a 9- by 13-inch pan.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven; spread hoisin mixture onto chicken.
- Return pan to oven and continue baking until meat is no longer pink in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 10 to 15 more minutes.
- Baste once with juices.
- Meanwhile, mix cilantro, onions and lemon peel.
- Transfer chicken breasts to serving platter.
- Sprinkle cilantro mixture over and around chicken.
When I started preparing this recipe, I realized that the apricot jam that I thought I had in the refrigerator had vanished! All I had was grape jelly and marmalade... so I opted to use the marmalade (because it was the right color!) The chicken was delicious! Next time I'll try it with Apricot and see which we like better. I'll definitely make this again!
I could'nt belive how delicous, easy and healthy this meal is for you. I added some ginger to the cilantro mixture just because I had some I needed to use- which added a nice taste. I used Recipe #312992 to make the hoisin sauce. and it came out very very good. My husband told me I had to make this again, and I know I will.
I made this using Morning Star Farms vegetarian chicken strips. I added a tablespoon of olive oil to the chicken while I let it thaw, and it worked out perfectly. The mixture of flavors was great, we will definitely have this again!