Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another of the recipes I made on my Asian night, I also made garlic, ginger, green onion chicken, which I will be posting at a later date. As I stated on my last post, because I made a few dishes my ingredients were less than listed below, I think I have guessed right on the amounts to feed 4 as a main meal.
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- black pepper
- 6 green onions, sliced thinly
- 2 red chilies, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 80 ml chinese rice wine
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 800 g beef, strips
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, sliced thinly
- 1 red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 100 g fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 500 g choy sum, halved
- 60 ml water
- 80 ml hoisin sauce (I use blue dragon brand.)
- Combine sesame oil, pepper, 3 sliced green onions, chillies, garlic, ginger, half the wine and half the soy sauce in a large bowl or storage container, add beef strips and toss to coat. Marinade several hours or overnight.
- Heat peanut oil in a pan or wok, add beef mixture in batches and cook until browned, add onion and capsicum and stir-fry a couple of minutes.
- Add mushrooms, choy sum stalks, water, hoisin and the remaining wine and soy sauce, stir-fry about 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Add choy sum leaves, stir-fry until leaves just wilt.
- Divide among serving bowls and top with remaining green onion.
- I served as is, to make a low carb meal, but if you want to add the carbs it is great paired with steamed Jasmine rice.