Recipe by gailanng
Two beef shoulder top blade (flat iron) steaks (8 ounces each) may be substituted for top sirloin steak. Broiling time remains the same.
Top Review by hcasmom
This prize winning recipe is an original recipe created by my daughter and I for the 2007 National Beef Cook-Off and is part of the Beef Check Off program. It is great for families to make together in the kitchen! We wanted to acknowledge the source for gailanng and hope you enjoy it!!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced cucumber
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Pineapple Salsa ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine ketchup and hoisin sauce in another small bowl. Divide and reserve a couple of tablespoons for later use; set aside.
- Cut beef steak into 1-inch pieces. Thread beef pieces evenly onto four 10 to 12-inch metal skewers. Season kabobs evenly with pepper.
- Place kabobs on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Brush beef generously with some of reserved sauce mixture. Broil 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once and brushing with remaining sauce mixture. Season beef with salt.
- Serve kabobs topped with Pineapple Salsa.