Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs 45 mins
One of the top 31 hardin recipes; from Brett's Mom (Saundra).
- 16 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine or 3 tablespoons sake
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Mix all ingredients (execpt chicken) for sauce.
- Boil chicken (takes about 25 minutes).
- Marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes, preferrably a few hours.
- Barbecue chicken on grill until brown (takes about 20 minutes).
- Serves two pieces per person.
I enjoyed this recipe and will make it again. My DH even liked it. We don't have a bbq right now so we are sure we'd like it even more if it was grilled. Simple to use and I don't have rice wine, so I just usd a little cooking sherry. Tasted good.
Some times you run across an unexpected delicious flavor. Well, this is it! I marinated my chicken over night and barbequed it the next day following the recipe exactly, including boiling first. This is going into my 'sheltered' 10 star recipe cookbook. Great flavor. Thanks for posting.