Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Hoisin sauce forms the base of this simple barbecue sauce seasoned with garlic. The Cantonese are particularly fond of using it with barbecued chicken, duck, and pork. Came from Cooking light. Please note there is marinating time.
- 2⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine or 3 tablespoons sake
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skinned and trimmed (about 2 pounds)
- 8 chicken thighs, skinned and trimmed (about 2 pounds)
- cooking spray
- To prepare barbecue sauce, combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Place 3/4 cup sauce in a large bowl; cover and chill remaining barbecue sauce.
- Add chicken to barbecue sauce in large bowl; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Remove chicken from bowl; reserve marinade. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Turn chicken; baste with reserved marinade. Bake an additional 20 minutes or until done. Discard marinade.
- Bring remaining 3/4 cup barbecue sauce to a boil in a small saucepan; reduce heat, and cook until slightly thick and reduced to about 1/2 cup (about 5 minutes). Drizzle chicken with sauce.