Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cooking Light, JANUARY 2001
Make and share this Hoisin Barbecued Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 158.51 ml hoisin sauce
- 44.37 ml rice wine or 44.37 ml sake
- 44.37 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 44.37 ml ketchup
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skinned and trimmed (about 2 pounds)
- 8 chicken thighs, skinned and trimmed (about 2 pounds)
- cooking spray
- To prepare barbecue sauce, combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Place 3/4 cup sauce in a large bowl; cover and chill remaining barbecue sauce.
- Add chicken to barbecue sauce in large bowl; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Remove chicken from bowl; reserve marinade. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Turn chicken; baste with reserved marinade. Bake an additional 20 minutes or until done. Discard marinade.
- Bring remaining 3/4 cup barbecue sauce to a boil in a small saucepan; reduce heat, and cook until slightly thick and reduced to about 1/2 cup (about 5 minutes). Drizzle chicken with sauce.
These were very tasty! I also marinated them overnight. One comment is you really have to watch them as the combination scorches easily, but it is well worth it. Thanks for posting! Made for the "New Kids On The Block" tag game.
This was very good! I didn't have rice wine so used rice vinegar instead. I also used boneless, skinless breasts and let them marinate overnight. Thanks for posting!