Recipe by Redsie
From Canadian Living magazine.
Top Review by lazyme
Excellent! This is sooooo good. I only made one chicken leg quarter (just for me), but made the full amount of sauce. I made this as directed and would only make one change - make more sauce! It's great over rice too. Since I love Asian food and hoisin, I would think that a little fresh ginger might add to this - although it was perfect as is. Thanks Redsie for a true keeper. Made for Photo Tag.
- 4 (1/2 lb) chicken legs (about 2 lb/1 kg)
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove skin and any fat from chicken. In small bowl, combine hoisin sauce, ketchup, garlic, rice vinegar, soy sauce and five-spice powder.
- Place chicken on foil-lined rimmed baking sheet; spread half of the sauce over chicken.
- Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 30 minutes. Spread with remaining sauce; bake until juices run clear when chicken is pierced, about 20 minutes.