Prep 7 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from a Costo booklet for entertaining. Preparation time includes marinate time.
- 5 lbs baby back ribs
- 2 inches piece fresh ginger, sliced, plus 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup oyster sauce
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce, suace
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons sake
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Cut racks into individual ribs. Place in a large pot and cover with water. Add slices of ginger. Boil gently 1 - 1.5 hours. Drain ribs discard ginger.
- Combine sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, grated ginger, garlic and sake. Marinate the cooked ribs in this mixture 4 - 5 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat broiler. Place ribs in roasting pan and broil 15 minutes, turning if necessary.
- Garnish with sprigs of cilantro.