Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A Sunset magazine recipe
- 5 scallions
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- Preheat oven to 4oo degrees.
- Cut scallions diagonally into 2-inch pieces.
- Whisk remaining ingredients except pork in a large bowl Add scallions and pork, turning pork to coat.
- Arrange pork in 1 layer in shallow baking dish. Spoon remaining sauce with scallions over pork and roast 15-20 minutes.
- Turn on broiler and broil pork 5-6 inches from heat until top is slightly caramelized, 2-5 minutes. Let stand, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Serve pork topped with pan juices.
I enojyed this and found it really easy, although I found that there was too much dijon for my liking. Probably 1 tbsp would be fine.
Excellent chops, great recipe for a work night because it so easy and fairly quick. I added an extra sprinkle of sesame seeds to the top before baking and baked a bit longer instead of broiling. Very yummy. Thanks, Happy Harry.
This was super yummy and really easy to make. I think next time I will double the sauce because it was terrific over rice. Thanks for a keeper!!