Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very tasty and low-fat dish that you can control the heat by adding crushed red pepper flakes at the end or....Not! Recipe is great for brunch or dinner. Served over hot rice. This is from BHG and is a cinch to make.
- 12 ounces large shrimp, shells on (can be fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded fresh spinach
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoons of the oil over med.-high heat.
- Add garlic; cook and stir for 15 seconds.
- Add bell pepper; cook and stir about 3 minute or until crisp-tender.
- Remove from skillet.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoons oil to skillet.
- Add the shrimp.Cook and stir about 3 minute or until shrimp are opaque. Remove from skillet.
- Add orange juice and hoisin sauce.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, about 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
- Return shrimp and peppers to skillet.
- (At this point, you can add red crushed peppers to your taste).
- Add the spinach; toss just until combined.
- To serve, spoon the shrimp mixture over hot cooked rice.