1/3 Photos of Hoisin and Bourbon-Glazed Pork Tenderloin
This recipe is from Cooking Light. We loved it and make it regularly now. It's one that does not require marinating for hours before hand, yet the flavors are very tasty - a combination of sweet, sour, salty, and spicy. The prep time does not include time to get the grill ready.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce (available in the Asian food section)
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili paste with garlic (available in the Asian food section)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1Prepare grill- (great to use soaked hickory wood chips if you have them).
- 2Combine hoisin sauce and next 7 ingredients (hoisin through garlic) in a small bowl, stir with a whisk.
- 3Butterfly pork- slice pork lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side.
- 4Open halves, laying pork flat.
- 5Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
- 6If using wood chips, place on coals just before cooking meat.
- 7Place pork on grill that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 8Cook 5 minutes.
- 9Turn and baste top of pork with hoisin mixture; cook 5 minutes.
- 10Turn and baste top of pork.
- 11Cook another five minutes.
- 12Check temperature with an instant read thermometer.
- 13If 155 degrees remove and let rest for five minutes.
- 14If it needs more cooking time, keep turning and basting every 2- 3 minutes until the right temperature.
- 15Do not overcook- it should be moist.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hoisin and Bourbon-Glazed Pork Tenderloin
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.3
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 74.0 mg
- Sodium 377.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 23.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar
chili paste with garlic