Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
We've all had the pigs in a blanket (the little smoked sausages wrapped in crescent rolls) but this is a little different twist--sausages wrapped in pancakes......yummy! This recipe comes from recipetips.com.
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Cook sausage according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, make pancake mix using 2 cups of pancake mix and 1 1/2 cups of milk. You want the pancake to be thinner than normal. They are easier to wrap around the sausage when they are thinner.
- Heat a non-stick griddle.
- Pour a scant 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle. Make 12 pancakes or however many sausage you have.
- Cook pancakes until golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Wrap a pancake around a sausage and place seam side down in a greased baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes at 350° or just until heated through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve with syrup.
I love pancakes and sausage for breakfast and this recipe gives you the convenience of having them combined. I had to thin the batter a little because the first batch of pancakes I made were as thick as my normal pancakes. There is enough batter in this recipe to wrap around twice the amount of sausage links listed. I ended up with 7 pancakes and 6 hogs in blankets. The next time I make these I will use 12 sausage links, and freeze the leftover hogs in blankets for a quick breakfast to take to work. Made for My Three Chefs October 2013.