Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is a children's favorite. Heck adults like it too! I got this from my Colorado Cache Cookbook.
- 8 pork chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup light raisins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large red apples, each cut into 6 to 8 wedges
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Brown chops in a greased skillet over medium heat.
- Arrange chops in a shallow 2 quart baking dish.
- Pour apple juice over chops and sprinkle with raisins and salt.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes; turn chops.
- Combine brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon and coat apple wedges with this mixture.
- Arrange apples around chops.
- Sprinkle apples with the remaining sugar mixture and pour water over all.
- Cover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
My family loved this recipe! Even my picky eater came back for seconds. The chops were moist, tender and flavorful. The only change I made was to use the last of the fall cider for both the apple juice and water. The entire crew has asked me to make these chops again. Thanks for a family hit!