Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a camping magazine. It sounds kind of like a heart attack waiting to happen - and if you ate it all the time, it probably would be. But it is so good - especially if you like bacon and trout.
- 4 (12 ounce) trout, head & tail on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 large fresh sage sprigs
- 2 lemons, halved and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sliced bacon
- Drizzle cavity of trout with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff cavity with four lemon slices and one sprig of sage.
- Wrap each trout with bacon, like a mummy, using toothpicks to hold bacon in place.
- Grill for approximately five minutes per side over direct medium-high heat, or until bacon is crispy and trout is cooked throughout.
- Trout can also be pan-seared for approximately five minutes per side.