Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
Hog roast recipes are though very delicious takes a lot of time in preparing. You can serve hog roasts with varieties of sauces like BBQ sauce, homemade apple sauce and also garnish it with varieties of vegetables or just salad leaves. The following recipe is about a 2 day procedure and order a suckling pig that has been cleaned properly from your butcher.
- 1 (15 lb) pig
- 1⁄2 cup garlic
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 1⁄4 cup thyme
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cracked pepper
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cumin powder
- 2 cups onions
- 5 -6 oranges
- 2 -3 lemons
- 2 -3 limes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- Clean the pig and remove the eye balls.
- Take a sharp knife and make cuts on the pig skin all throughout. This will help in better penetration of the spices and also prevent bursting.
- Sprinkle kosher salt and cracked pepper over the entire pig and pack it tightly inside a garbage pack and place the bag inside the fridge for about 12 hours.
- Use a small yam to keep the pig’s mouth open. Take the pig out and rinse it properly.
- Now take a bowl and mix all the ingredients well. Keep the pig inside in the bag again and pour this marinade from the top.
- Tie tightly and refrigerate again for 12 hours, turning the pig every three hours. Take the pig out and keep the marinade.
- Fill the cavity with the stuffing (recipe later). Tie the cavity with a needle and thread. Use aluminum foil to cover the tail and place the pig on a preheated oven (350 degrees) for about 5 hours, flipping in over every hour.
- After heating the olive oil in a pan, add the onions and celery. Sprinkle salt and pepper. After 2 minutes, add the lean pork pieces.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes and add cumin, parsley and garlic.
- After another minute remove from heat and add the rice and beans. Mix well.