Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Beer Brats, Navy Beans, fresh vegetables, fresh herbs and red wine add warm savory taste.
Make and share this Hofbrau Beer Brats and Bean Ragout recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb navy beans (Soaked over night)
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs (Chopped)
- 4 sage leaves (Fresh Puprle, Chopped)
- 4 rosemary sprigs (Chopped)
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 6 juniper berries
- 6 black peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 bratwursts (Hofbrau Beer)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 cups onions (Medium Diced)
- 1 cup carrot (Medium Diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (Minced)
- 3 plum tomatoes (Chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons cilantro (Chopped)
- Place beans, vegetable stock and salt in a pot. Cover with water, bring to a full boil and reduce to a simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until beans are done.
- Place herbs, bay leaves, juniper berries, peppercorns in cheese cloth to form a Sachet. Tie with string and place in bean pot.
- 10-minutes before your beans are done start cooking beer brats.
- Heat a large saute pan, add 2-tablespoons oil and brown brats. Add 1/4 cup red wine, cover pan and simmer 8-10 minutes. Remove beer brats and hold warm.
- Add oil, onions, carrots, garlic, tomatoes, salt, pepper and sauté 3-4 minutes. Add wine, tomato paste and saute until reduced by half.
- Remove sachet from beans and drain. Combine vegetables, beans, brats and wine reduction together. Reseason with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve beans and sausage on warm plates.
- Garnish with Fresh Chopped Cilantro.
Great fall recipe, hearty and delicious! I made a few changes..Bourbon instead of wine and Goya butterbeans from the can (cuts time in half just add less veggie stock and careful stirring the beans)...Also I added baby yellow, orange and red peppers for color and to add sweetness. Went great with the side of collard greens! I highly recommend this dish! thx chef!