1/1 Photo of Hodgson Mill's Oven-Ready Bran Muffins
Renegade Chef's Note:
From the back of a box of Hodgson Mill wheat bran. I like this recipe because you can make the batter in advance and store in the fridge in an airtight container for 2 to 4 weeks. That way I can bake a few fresh muffins whenever I want without having to break out the mixer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix 1 cup wheat bran with 1 cup boiling water; stir and let water absorb into bran.
- 2In a separate bowl blend sugar and butter.
- 3Measure and combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- 4Combine the moist bran with the beaten eggs, the remaining 2 cups of bran, buttermilk, blended sugar-butter mixture, and the flour, soda and salt.
- 5Stir until well blended.
- 6At this point you can place the batter in the fridge for future use or bake at once.
- 7When preparing to bake, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 8Stir batter well and spoon into prepared muffin tins.
- 9Bake 15 minutes.
- 10Keep remaining mixture in airtight container for 2 to 4 weeks.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hodgson Mill's Oven-Ready Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1662 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.9
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 266.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g