My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup baby carrots, scrubbed and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups tiny new potatoes
- 1 cup yellow beans or 1 cup wax bean, trimmed and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup new peas, shelled
- 1Please the potatoes, and carrots in the steamer.
- 2Cook for about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the new peas and beans steam for another 5 minutes.
- 4Add the broccoli and snow peas steam until done but not overcooked.
- 5For sauce: Cook the bacon until crisp.
- 6Remove bacon from the fat and reserve.
- 7Cook the green onion and mushrooms in the bacon fat until tender.
- 8Remove any excess bacon fat.
- 9Salt and pepper as desired.
- 10Add the bacon, cream and cheddar and stir at a low heat until the cheddar is melted.
- 11Pour sauce over vegetable mixture and sprinkle chives and pepper (if desired) on top.
Nutritional Facts for Hodgepodge
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.9
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 66.9 mg
- Sodium 258.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 9.2 g