Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 cup baby carrots, scrubbed and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups tiny new potatoes
- 1 cup yellow beans or 1 cup wax bean, trimmed and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup new peas, shelled
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, diced into small cubes
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced thinly
- 1 bunch green onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chives
- salt and pepper
- Please the potatoes, and carrots in the steamer.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the new peas and beans steam for another 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and snow peas steam until done but not overcooked.
- For sauce: Cook the bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon from the fat and reserve.
- Cook the green onion and mushrooms in the bacon fat until tender.
- Remove any excess bacon fat.
- Salt and pepper as desired.
- Add the bacon, cream and cheddar and stir at a low heat until the cheddar is melted.
- Pour sauce over vegetable mixture and sprinkle chives and pepper (if desired) on top.
Made this for supper the other night, it has been very hot here the last few days and this was wanderful, didn't have to heat up the whole house. Quick and easy stovetop! I can see that we will make this often, it is so versatile,could use almost any kind of fresh veggies!! Had no snow peas, so left them out, the new peas were great! Used the rest of the veggies as called for, but changed the sauce a bit. I used 2% milk instead of the cream, it turned out just fine. This was a great combination of veggies and sauce, the taste was "More Please". I served it over a toasted sourdough roll. I cut the recipe in half for the two of us and took the left overs to work for lunch the next day, reheated very nicely in the microwave. Thanks for a keeper SherryF!!