Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 cup baby carrots, scrubbed and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups tiny new potatoes
- 1 cup yellow beans or 1 cup wax bean, trimmed and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup new peas, shelled
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, diced into small cubes
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced thinly
- 1 bunch green onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chives
- salt and pepper
- Please the potatoes, and carrots in the steamer.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the new peas and beans steam for another 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and snow peas steam until done but not overcooked.
- For sauce: Cook the bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon from the fat and reserve.
- Cook the green onion and mushrooms in the bacon fat until tender.
- Remove any excess bacon fat.
- Salt and pepper as desired.
- Add the bacon, cream and cheddar and stir at a low heat until the cheddar is melted.
- Pour sauce over vegetable mixture and sprinkle chives and pepper (if desired) on top.