Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe originally came from a newspaper in Omaha. My mother in law made it when my husband was a child. It is a great soup for cold winter nights, or when you don't have alot of time to make supper. Serve with fresh bread.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 cans condensed minestrone soup
- 1 (31 ounce) can pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- In large saucepan, cook beef and garlic until beef is browned.
- Stir in minestrone soup Add 3 cups water, the celery, worstershire sauce and oregano.
- Simmer, covered for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Makes 12- 14 servings.