Recipe by V RON
hummus like my fav restaurant
Top Review by LifeIsGood
I thought that 3 lemons might be too much, so I started out with 1 and eventually upped it to 1 1/2 total. I thought that was the perfect amount for taste and consistency. I didn't have to mix the tahini with olive oil (wasn't really clear what was meant by that part of the directions anyway) because the tahini I used was already a cream consistency. The garlic flavor was excellent! In the end, it was really great hummus and I will make this again. Thanks!
- 12 ounces chickpeas (1 can)
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 3 lemons, freshly squeezed
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed and minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, aproximate
Directions See How It's Made
- mix tahini with olive oil pour in a little at a time until tahini is more of a thick cream not a paste make sure before you scoop out the tahini that it is not seperated in the container.
- start with 2 lemon's juice.
- mix tahini and 2 lemons with all the other ingredients and blend until smooth in a food processor.
- add salt and lemon to taste (if desired).
- I like to make a dip with a large spoon and add a little more olive oil to the center of the dish
- always better with WARM bread or falafel.